Cellulite is a physical condition in which the skin of the affected individual appears to have portions with underlying deposits of fat, giving the part a lumpy, dimpled appearance. It is mostly noticeable on the thighs and buttocks.
What causes cellulite?
The causes of cellulite are still not understood clearly, however several theories have been put forth to offer explanation. Among these are:
- Hormonal factors- Hormones are likely to play an important role in cellulite formation and development. Many individuals believe insulin, estrogen, thyroid hormones, noradrenaline, and prolactin are parts of the cellulite formation process.
- Genetics- Certain genes are required to form cellulite. Genes might predispose individuals to distinctive characteristics related to cellulite. Some of these characteristics are gender, race, distribution of fat just underneath the skin, slow metabolism and circulatory insufficiency.
- Diet- People who eat too much carbohydrate, fat, or salt and consume too little fiber are expected to have greater amounts of cellulite.
Listed below are some home remedies for cellulite:
Dry skin brushing successfully opens up pores on your skin. This is something you can do daily, at times even twice a day. Your skin should be completely dry, so the most suitable time is in the shower just before you turn on the water. Do not get the brush wet.
You should brush towards the heart. Make long sweeps, also avoid back and forth, scrubbing and circular motions. Start from your feet, move up the legs on both sides, and then work from your arms toward your chest. On your stomach, brush counterclockwise. Skin should be invigorated and stimulated but not irritated or red.
The bristles should be natural, and preferably derived from vegetables. The bristles should be somewhat stiff, although not too hard. Look for a brush with an attachable handle for hard-to-reach spots.
As well as sloughing away dry skin on areas like elbows, knees and ankles, body brushing promotes cell renewal, tighter skin and blood flow. This helps your lymphatic system release toxins and also aids in digestion. You will be able to notice a glowing, smooth complexion.
The various health benefits of Gelatin are listed below:
- Gelatin supports hair, skin and nail growth
- It is good for joints and helps in joint recovery
- It helps in tightening loose skin
- It also improves digestion, since, it binds with water and helps food to move easily through the digestive track
- It is rumored to help develop cellulite
- It is a great resource for dietary collagen
- It is a source of protein, but its specific amino acids help in building muscle.
Gelatin is largely composed of glycine and proline which are amino acids. Numerous individuals do not consume glycine and proline in adequate amounts as they are found in the fibrous tissues, bones and organs of animals. These amino acids are not only needed for proper skin, hair and nail growth, but also for optimal weight regulation and immune function. This is one of the best home remedies for cellulite treatment.