Tips on How to Treat Fewer Blisters
You wake up one morning to notice a burning or tingling sensation close to your lip. You know immediately what is coming within a few days. It is a painful cold sore, also known as a fever blister.
The type 1 herpes simplex virus is responsible for causing cold sores. Type 2 of this virus affects the genital area and causes lesions and blister close to the groin. Individuals carrying this virus can only develop these sores. Every other individual suffering from herpes does not experience recurring cold sores and blisters. Only about 10% of the infected individuals are affected by these sores.
Cold sores are a lifelong irritant for those who have to face it time and time again. There is no known cure of this virus so it is simply not possible to cure or move the herpes virus from the body of the infected individual. The reason for the repeated occurrence of these fever blisters is not yet known to man. Sometimes it might be accompanied by flu and at other times the sun can trigger these blisters.
Fever Blister Treatments
Listed below are a few home remedies to treat fever blisters:
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil quickly and effectively treats fever blisters due to its antiviral properties. It is these properties which answer the question how to treat fever blisters.
- Dilute tea tree oil. Do this by combining one part of this essential oil and three parts of distilled water. Use a cotton ball to apply the diluted form of tea tree oil on the affected area. Repeat this process three times a day. Within a couple of days, the fever blister considerably disappears after healing.
- Another method is to mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea tree oil. Also add some drops of eucalyptus oil. Apply this solution on the area of the blisters three times daily. Repeat this for four to five days.
Another very simple treatment for fever blisters is whole milk. This is a suitable and well known home remedy for fever blisters. Whole milk consists of calcium and immunoglobulins. It helps in fighting the herpes simplex virus type 1 which is the reason for the recurrence of fever blisters. It also has a type of fat which is called monocaprin and has several antiviral properties. Milk accelerates the process of healing. The process mentioned below answers the question how to treat fever blisters.
- Soak a ball of cotton in cold whole milk and apply the milk on the affected area. Before applying you should ensure that the area is clean. Let it be for around 10 minutes. This cold milk should reduce pain and also soothe the tingling and burning sensation. Follow this method as many times as you wish to. Continue it for a couple of days.
- You can also cure these fever blisters buy drinking a glass of warm whole milk. Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder to it. Turmeric is known for its anti bacterial properties. It also helps in reducing the pain of the individual suffering. Repeat this for a week and drink this concoction two times in a day.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016