The Best Natural Laxatives for Children
Constipation is the word that defines the difficulty one suffers when not being able to empty his/her bowels. This happens because of the hardening of stools and people of all ages suffer from it. Children face even more difficulty when dealing with constipation as they are unable to fully comprehend the situation or remedy constipation. They depend entirely on the discretion of their parents, which is why adults need to keep an eye on the bowel movements of their child. Also, remember that when it comes to children bowel movements may sometimes occur every 3 days. This however, is not constipation. A constipated child exhibits the following physical symptoms:
- A child grunts while trying to defecate.
- A child’s face turns red due to the pressure he/she is trying to apply.
- A child strains and sweats while attempting to pass stool.
- A child draws his/her legs up to the chest area.
Dangers of medication
Constipation is a condition that can be treated with exceptional ease. Natural laxatives for children work best, which is why parents are advised to steer clear from constipation medication. If a child is given medication to aid bowel movement he/she may soon become dependent on it. Also, the right dosage of such medication for children is quite unclear as each child faces different levels of difficulty.
All natural laxatives
- Soaked Prunes & Raisins: Fill a tablespoon using raisins, dates and pitted prunes. Let them soak in bowl of water overnight and then let your child drink the water before he/she eats the soaked dry fruits. This mixture tastes delightful and children will gladly eat it as it is sweet. Prunes contain sorbitol, which is an all natural laxative. Prunes also contain high amounts of fiber which is why they are able to aid bowel movements.
- Flaxseed: Regular consumption of these seeds improves the health of one’s colon. These seeds contain exceptionally high amounts of fiber and hence, relieve constipation in children as well. Mix ½ tbsp of flaxseed in a bowl of your child’s favorite high fiber cereal and include this in his/her daily diet. Soon constipation will no longer be a problem for your child. Flaxseed also contains omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for overall wellbeing. Flaxseed oil should not be consumed by children.
- Epsom Salt: This ingredient can only be used for children above the age 12. Mix 2 tsp of Epsom salt in a cup of water and administer this solution only once a day. If constipation persists children can be given one more dose but this dose should not exceed, regardless of the circumstances. Children below the age of 12 should never be given Epsom salt as a laxative.
- Psyllium Husk: These flakes of the psyllium bran are rich in fiber and this ingredient definitely tops the list of natural laxatives for children. Consuming it is quite straightforward. All you need is a tsp of psyllium husk and a bowl of your child’s favorite high fiber cereal. Sprinkle these flakes on top of the cereal each morning and soon you will notice results.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016