Parvo Cure Guide – The Best Home Treatment
Parvo is virus that affects dogs and is highly contagious. The medical term for Parvo is Canine parvovirus type 2. This virus is said to have originated in cats and speculation is that the virus known as feline panleukopenia transformed into Canine parvovirus typ for Dogs, 137 gramse 2. This virus spreads when one dog comes into direct or even indirect contact with the feces of the dog that has this virus. A vaccine gives puppies and dogs a great advantage as this infection can be prevented through vaccination. In cases where dogs are left untreated mortality rate is approximately 91%.
As a dog lover, you should understand that your dog could potentially fall ill to a variety of different conditions. Although some of these conditions are mild, others can be dangerous and life threatening. The Parvovirus falls within the latter category. If your dog contracts Parvo, it is absolutely essential to take action immediately. Below, you will learn more about this condition and potential treatment options.
The only genuine prevention for parvovirus is the 5—in1 (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, leptospirosis, and parainfluenza) vaccine. It is important to have your puppy vaccinated appropriately and be sure to keep their vaccination record up-to-date. The first part of the vaccine should be administered between the ages of 6-8 weeks, with a follow up booster to be administered between 16-20 weeks of age.
If you notice that your puppy is beginning to exhibit the signs of the parvovirus, it is vital that you take him to the veterinarian immediately. Your puppy will need to undergo several diagnostic tests, in order to determine the genuine diagnosis. A stool sample will be taken, which is part of the ELISA (enzyme linked immunosorbant assay) test. This test takes about 15 minutes to get the results, but a follow up blood test may also be needed, because the ELISA test is not 100% sensitive.
Table of Contents
Signs and Symptoms of parvo
Since you know your dog better than anyone else, you should be able to identify a problem immediately, by being aware of a change in behavior. If you notice a major change in your dog, you should take note immediately. Although this might not directly point to parvo, it could help you identify another complication. Below, you will find some of the most common signs and symptoms of the Parvovirus.
- Extreme lethargy or laziness
- Frequent and intense vomiting
- Lack of appetite and refusal to eat anything
- Bloody diarrhea, which has a foul odor
If you notice any of these signs and symptoms, you should act immediately. Remember that constant diarrhea and vomiting can lead to extreme dehydration, which could be life threatening. Therefore, you should seek out medical assistance immediately.
These symptoms are listed below:
- Vomiting and diarrhea result in dehydration and other infections.
- Due to dehydration the electrolyte balance within a dog’s body gets affected.
- Since intestinal lining is greatly affected protein and blood make their way into the intestines and this causes loss of protein, blood and anemia. Due to this endotoxins make their way into the bloodstream and then wreak havoc by causing endotoxemia.
- This infection is such that it produces a distinct odor especially in later stages.
- White blood cell count falls drastically which causes even more weakness.
- All these factors may result in shock and eventual death.
Effective home remedies
Home remedies for parvo work amazingly and display great results in majority of cases. When you cannot afford veterinary care or treatment for your dog you should employ these home remedies as soon as possible. Remember that a dog does not have a lot of time as the virus is steadily affecting all major systems of its body. After you begin home remedies for parvo maintain a record of everything you do and if you do not see improvement within 6 hours you need to take your dog to the vet immediately. There is a limited amount of time in which you can save your dog; hence you need to act quickly and meticulously.
- The very first remedy for parvo is definitely to keep your dog hydrated. Parvo is an infection that causes diarrhea and vomiting, both of which can lead to severe dehydration. A dog may not want to eat or drink but you should force feed water.
- To treat diarrhea use Pepto Bismol and administer doses using a syringe. (I suggest you to buy a liquid pepto bismol because it is more easier to administer to your dog)
- To cure this infection you need to create a solution. In a one liter bottle fill one cup of water and fill up the rest using Pedialyte that contains zinc. Also add 1 activated charcoal tablet after you have crushed it well. Now using a syringe feed 10 ml doses of this solution to your dog. It is necessary to administer 10 ml doses every 15 minutes.
- If your dog shows signs of improvement within 4 hours administer 10 ml doses every 30 minutes.
- Recovery will become apparent within 8 hours after which you should feed boiled rice and broth to your dog. This diet should be continued for 3 days after which soft food should be fed.
- After the infection is cured disinfect the floor and all other objects your dog came into contact with as parvo is extremely contagious and the infection may reoccur.
It is possible to rectify parvo by using some effective home remedies, although some conditions require professional medical treatment. These medication is capable of curing your dog with a few doses. Below, you will learn more about the best ways to treat parvo from your home.
Below the most effective treatments
Although there are many excellent products out there that can help, a handful of helpful products should not be ignored. Pepto Bismol, which is frequently used by humans, can also help dogs! This medication is safe and effective. By administering the medication to your dog, you can help them overcome the diarrhea and their upset stomach. Electrolytes supplements is another excellent option which will prevent them dehydrating.
Finally, Colloidal Silver for Dogs is another option. This particular product can be utilized to help your dog overcome an assortment of different ailments. It can also act like an antibiotic. The amount of Colloidal Silver that should be given to your dog will vary based on their weight and overall size. By using one or more of these products it will be possible to remedy your dog’s ailment and allow him or her to get back to a normal life much more rapidly.
While it is important to treat your puppy with medications, there are many home remedies that are very effective in treating the symptoms of this infection:
- Chamomile tea is another great herbal remedy that will not only hydrate the puppy, but will also help it relax and sleep. Do not force the puppy to consume the fluids, but instead introduce them to him gradually. If vomiting occurs, just wait for a while, before offering them to him again.
- Ginger tea also contains digestive properties that are capable of calming the digestive systems. Place about 1 milliliter of ginger tea in a dropper and place it inside of the puppy’s mouth. Do not force him to consume the liquids, because these can cause him to become sick to his tummy.
- White willow bark contains fever reducing properties, but this herb may be difficult to find. Be sure to check with your local herbal shop or search it on amazon, before giving up on your search.
The severe diarrhea and vomiting will lead to dehydration, if untreated. Oatmeal water is a great home remedy that can prevent dehydration, since it contains innumerable nutrients that are required for vitality.
Benefits of Antibiotics
Antibiotics are capable of eradicating bacterial infection, which will be necessary for your dog’s vitality. Many puppies will need to be hospitalized and isolated from other animals, so they can be treated appropriately. Of course, many pet owners will find that the treatment expenses are too extensive for them to afford, so they will look cheaper treatment alternatives on amazon.
The only prevention for the parvovirus is the 5-in-1 vaccine, which as mentioned about is administered in a 3-part interval, with the last one being administered at 1 year of age. An older canine will receive at least 1 immunization, which will protect them from getting the parvovirus.
THE BEST PARVO TREATMENT ON THE MARKET
Parvo Virus Combo Pack – Parvaid and Vibactra Plus
- Best Combo for your Pet agains Parvo – Natural anti-biotic
- Stimulates immunity
- Gets rid of parasites
- Kills viruses and bacteria Sooth the digestive system
- Protects your pet from illness if exposed
Vibactra – All-Natural Antibiotic Alternative for Pets 1oz
- Helps with respiratory infections, viral and bacterial infections
- Helps fight allergies
- Supports the immune functions
- Breaks fevers
- Helps fight acute conditions from the body more quickly
Parvaid 1oz – An herbal supplement formulated to help animals overcome Parvo
- Sooth and heal the digestive system
- Stimulate Appetite
- Calms the nervous system
- Lubricates, soothes, and protects internal mucous membranes
- Read ou detailed Parvaid reviews
Pet Ultimates Probiotics for Dogs, 137 grams
- Restore and enhance the immune defense
- Chelated is Superior a Silver and can be used for a variety of skin issues, burns, insect bites, infection or general wounds
- TOP RATED Hot Spot Treatment, Easy to Apply, Painless and is All Natural, Odorless and Non-Toxic
- PetSilver to treat mange and minor to major skin infections caused by yeast and bacteria growth
- Spray in water and food dishes, kill germs on pet toys
Nutri-Pet Research Nupro Electrolytes for Dogs
- Veterinarian Recommended
- All Natural
- Maintain proper fluid balance in the blood and tissues
- Improve appetite after stress or workouts
- Combat fatigue nausea and diarrhea
Accel Disinfectant Concentrate Gallo
- One-step disinfectant, cleaner and deodorizer
- Effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, viruses and fungi, including parvo, staph, HIV and more
- Non-toxic and non-irritating, it converts to water vapor and oxygen as it dries, making it safe for everyday use against infection
- Sanitizes surfaces in 3 minutes and disinfects in 5 minutes
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
You might also like
Zyrtec is an antihistamine medication that is often taken for sneezing, itching, runny nose, and watery eyes. It can also be used to treat itchiness and swelling caused by chronic
Sneezing is a sudden involuntary outflow of air from the lungs through the nose or mouth. Humans, cats, and dogs can all sneeze and sometimes it is just a harmless