Implement Strep Throat Home Remedy to Cure Sore Throat
Strep throat infection is an inflammation caused in the throat due to the effects of Streptococcal bacteria. There are numerous symptoms of this disease and some of these are listed below:
Symptoms of strep throat
- Sudden and severe sore throat without sneezing, coughing and other symptoms.
- Pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Low fever
Take antibiotics as it will quickly treat the sore throat and reduce your pain and suffering. While the antibiotics do their work you can follow one or the other strep throat home remedy listed below:
- Get lots of rest: Sleep and rest both rejuvenate your body and when you are asleep your weak body does not spend extra energy. If you are suffering from strep throat then rest at home, take leave from work for a few days. If your child is ill then make him/her rest at home till the fever reduces.
- Drink plenty of water: You need to keep your throat hydrated if you wish to reduce the irritation and pain. A moist throat lets you swallow easily as lubrication is being provided. Water also rehydrates the body preventing its dehydration.
- Eat food that soothes: Broths, applesauce, soups, mashed potatoes, cooked cereal, soft-cooked eggs, soft fruits and yogurt are some of the food items that can be consumed without hurting the throat. All the above-mentioned sources of food are soft semi-solids or liquids. These foods can be consumed with a little lubrication with water or any other healthy drink. You can puree solid foods in the blender to make them easier to consume. Avoid acidic and spicy foods at this time. Your throat will find it soothing if you eat something very cold like frozen yogurt.
- Gargle with warm salt water: A very popular and old strep throat home remedy is gargling. Gargling several times a day reduces the swelling, irritation and pain in the throat. Add a pinch of salt to a cup of hot water and gargle. Instruct your child not to swallow the water used for gargling.
- Use a humidifier: When you add moisture to the air it makes the climate more suitable for the patient. Moisture keeps the mucous membranes of your throat moisturized so that you do not feel irritated. Use a cool-mist humidifier and clean it daily. If you do not clean it on a daily basis there are chances of mold and bacteria accumulation. Patients can also use saline nasal sprays which keep the mucous membranes moist.
- Stay away from irritants: Cigarette smoke can be irritating in case of a sore throat. It also increases the patient’s chances of getting affected by tonsillitis. Avoid fumes of paints or other cleaning agents as they might also trigger irritation.
- Plan low-key activities for a sick child:Let the children enjoy even when they are sick. Staying happy and cheerful will help children deal with diseases in a positive manner. Do not let them run around and play. Create fun activities which your child can play without needing to stop.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016