A brief overview of dealing with Sinus Tachycardia
Sinus tachycardia is the condition where the Impulse rate goes above 100 beats per minute in the average adults. This condition generally occurs in those patients who have had heart related ailments for many years. The rhythm varies abnormally in these patients causing various heart related problems. This happens when the normal PR Interval (The time gap between the Atrial depolarization start and Ventricular depolarization start) and QT Interval (Time between Q wave beginning and T wave ending in the heart electrical cycle) decrease dramatically in length, resulting in increased rate. This process could be observed in many normal situations also.
Table of Contents
Normal causes of tachycardia
- When a person gets emotionally unbalanced. This could be in cases of extreme happiness or extreme depression. Onset of anxious conditions are also said to influence the rates to some extent.
- When a person is down with severe fever.
- When the person is an expecting mother.
- When the person is consuming coffee, tea or alcoholic beverages.
- When a person is smoking.
- When a person is performing physical work outs, jogging etc.
These are normal conditions. When the person comes back to normal state, the PR/QT intervals also come back to normal rates.
There are many other conditions, where the PR/QT intervals as well as the heart rate become abnormal. Some of such conditions are
- In cases of patients suffering from heart illnesses.
- At the time of heart attack.
- At the time of heart failure occurring due to congestion.
- In cases of patients who are suffering from Hyper Tension.
- Increased heart rate
- Frequent palpitation conditions leading to fatigue and breathlessness.
- Frequent Dizzy feeling, accompanied with a fear of falling down/collapsing.
- Frequent light headed feeling accompanied by nausea etc.
As long as the causes are said to be under normal category, there may not be any need for specialized treatments. It is only when the abnormal causes are associated; the patient will need medications/treatments.
The main goals of this treatment are to
- Bring the heart beat rate back to normalcy as a corrective measure.
- Take preventive measures though which recurrence of such conditions is avoided.
- Reduce the intensity and consequences of complications arising under such conditions.
There are mainly two types of treatments involved, namely the reactive treatments and preventive treatments. The former methods are applied after the occurrence of Sinus tachycardia. The preventive measures are used much before the first occurrence/after the patient recovered. This is used in order to prevent the possible occurrences in the future.
Vagal system maneuver: This involves the artificial stimulation of the Vagus nerve (also called as pneumogastric nerve) is connected with the Para sympathetic heart control. This can be done by
- Stimulation of coughing
- Deep breathing with longer intervals. This helps in complete filling of lungs. The diaphragm goes down as a result, making the belly region to expand. Then it is followed by long duration exhale when the diaphragm comes back to its original position and the belly region shrinks.
Diltiazem tablet: The main active ingredient of the tablet is Diltiazem hydrochloride. It is available in dosages of 30/60/90/120 Mg. The inactive ingredients include
- Lactose Mono hydrate
- Titanium dioxide
- Hypro mellose
- Magnesium Stearate
- Poly Ethylene Glycol
- Poly Sorbate 80 etc.
- According to several experiments conducted at the USA national institute of health, the patients who took this tablet experienced relief from their Sinus Tachycardia conditions without exhibiting sort of any negative side effects.
Electrical cardio version treatment: A low voltage electric current is passed to the heart area of the body via paddles made of metal. It could also be patches made of metal. They are normally applied to the wall areas of the chest while passing the low voltage current. This is supposed to bring the heart beat rate back to normalcy.
Medicinal Cardio version treatment: Intra venous Amiodarone based medication is extensively used to bring the heart beat rate back to normalcy.
Preventive/Pro active Treatments
They are primarily used for preventing/clearing the clots in the neurons, which block the normal flow of blood to the heart. In some cases, blood thinning medicines are used. There are also many options for the use of medicines, which can prevent the occurrence of Sinus tachycardia. Some of them are
Beta blockers (They prevent the action of adrenergic receptors, which are mainly responsible for the increased pace of heart beat). They also help in reducing the intensity of blood pressure problems. Some of them include
- Beta Pace: It is said to be one of the most effective medicines for tachycardia symptoms. It would be recommended that the patient seek the consultation/advice of the physician before consuming this.
- Some of the other prominent names are Sorine beta blocker, Inderal beta blocker, Meto Prorol beta blocker, Ziac beta blocker etc.
A.C.E (Angio Tension Converting Enzyme) Inhibitors: They are primarily used for the purpose of blood vessels dilating. They optimize the flow of blood in to the heart pumps, thus normalize the blood pressure. Some of the most prominent medicines are Accpril A.C.E inhibitor, Benazepril A.C.E inhibitor, Enalapril A.C.E inhibitor, Lotrel A.C.E inhibitor, and Tarka A.C.E inhibitor, and Zestril A.C.E inhibitor etc.
A.R.B (Angio tensin Receptors Blockers): They work very similar to the in which the A.C.E inhibitor work. The only difference is that they stop the Angio tensin from getting formed, thus preventing the chances of high blood pressure in the blood veins.
Insertion of pace makers
They are inserted into your skin surface of the chest area. It works with the help of a battery, computer circuit and a generator of pulse. Its leads are usually connected to the veins leading to the right atrium of the heart. Its way of working is very simple.
Whenever there is a variation in the heart pulse rate, the pace maker senses it and sends pulses to the heart. These signals are able to bring the heart beat rate back to normalcy.
This is supposed to be the least recommended option. It is chosen only when all the other options have failed to work. In this method, the surgeon systematically removes all the extra electrical canals that pass unhealthy signals to the heart.
In the last analysis, it can be said that the forms of inappropriate sinus tachycardia/sinus arrhythmia can be cured /prevented from occurring by following any one of the above specified methods.
It is strongly recommended that before you start consuming any of the medicines specified here, you take the consultations of your family physician or a certified practitioner with significant years of experience in this field. Trying to experiment with any of the medicines or methods explained here could lead to fatal and irreversible conditions. Once your physician has approved the medications, make it point to follow his prescriptions accurately. This will help you in overcoming your heart problems and lead a normal life.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016