Best Non-surgical methods for completely curing Scoliosis
Traditional methods of getting rid of scoliosis involved surgery. Though it is undoubtedly on of the most effective and reliable methods, the side effects after surgery make it risky. The other risk involved is the age-factor. When performed in children and adolescents, this method was found to give 70%-80% success-rates. On the other hand, performing surgery on people belonging to the adult and old-age showed results of only 60%-70%. Even in such cases, the chances of risks involved in the post-surgical period were quite high. Keeping all these aspects ion view, the orthopedists/experts suggest that the patient undergo physical therapy for scoliosis. This non-invasive-method is said to be safer and beneficial in many ways. Some of the benefits include
Lessened risks of injuries: The Therapist uses various exercising and massaging techniques in order to change the spinal-cord –shape, without actually causing them any sort of internal injuries. In some cases, the usages of therapeutic-machines are recommended in order to perform the stretching exercises. They may take more time and effort on part of the orthopedist in order to make it work, but it surely and practically works.
The spinal-cord can be conditioned over a period of time slowly: Once the specialist is able to diagnose the problem accurately, he will be able to prescribe the right method of therapy. When performed according to the right procedure and steps, therapy can produce non-reversible results. That means the cure is more or less permanent compared to the results obtained through surgical-methods.
Therapy can be perfumed based on specific cases: Though the machines and equipments used may be the same, the treatment methods vary for each type of scoliosis. This takes some time for the therapist to analyze the individual deformation-type in detail. Then he decides the type of therapy and the time for which the therapy has to be performed. This makes it easy for planning the therapeutic-schedule accurately.
Therapeutic-methods are much cost effective compared to the surgical-methods involved.
How to get rid of scoliosis through different types of Therapy
There are various types of therapeutic-methods, through which one can get rid of scoliosis for good. Some of the use Pilates for scoliosis, while the others depend on stretches for scoliosis. All these methods depend on the efficiency of the therapist and the machine & methods deployed during the process. Some of the most prominent among them are
Physical-therapy-method: The basic types of physiotherapy-method involve the process of bone and structure-realignment and/or corrections/manipulations. Though both of them sound similar, clinically speaking they are different. The process of alignment involves
Reducing the muscle-spasms that are exerted onto the spinal-cord. This is done by constant decompression forces on each part of the back-muscle, extending up to the spinal-region. When done repeatedly over specific-time-frame, the results could be quite appreciable in nature. Dextroconvex-type-of-scoliosis is one such case where therapy works practically well.
Therapy works in three-planes in order to solve the 3-dimensional-problem posed by scoliosis.
- The Saggital-Plane: This method involves spinal-de-rotation, Spinal-deflex and spinal-correction. It involves elongation of the spine all along in the Saggital-plane. This therapy is said to be highly effective in reestablishing the symmetrical-alignment of the spinal-cord back to normal. The other advantage of this method is the restoring of muscular-balance on both the concave as well as convex-sides of the muscles that surround the spinal-cord. Experts suggest that the concave-side-muscles have to be shortened (During the development of scoliosis, this part of muscles normally tend to elongate beyond their normal dimensions, especially in the longitudinal-direction). Now, the other part involves elongating the convex-part of the muscles. (Normally, muscles in this part tend to get compressed during the progressive development of scoliosis over time). Once these two tasks are successfully performed, the patient’s muscular-structure surrounding the spinal-cord is restored.
- The Frontal-Plane: Methods of therapy applied in this plane are normally in concerto with that of the Saggital-plane. They are mainly focused on restoring the structural-elements that balance the coordination between the frontal-organs like the heart, lungs and others with that of the back of the spinal-cord. Once this is achieved, the vertical-balancing is achieved.
- The Transverse-Plane: This is used for establishing the stabilizing-factors between the horizontal and vertical planes of the spinal-cord. Once this balance is achieved, the relative-progression of scoliosis is bought under control.
Benefits of Physical-Therapy
It involves many physical, mental and psychological-benefits, which work in the long run. It has been found to practically solve many of the complex forms like thoracolumbar scoliosis. Some of the most prominent of them are listed as
- 3-Dimensional-Auto-Correction: As we have seen in the three planar-method used by this therapy, it restores the balance in all the three dimensions.
- Coordination-restoration: In most of the scoliosis-cases, the effective-coordination between various organs with the spinal-cord is eventually lost. This happens because of the increasing damages caused to the neurons and other nerve-cells. Physical-therapy aims to restore this balance by soothing the nerves in the first place. Experts deploy certain techniques of manipulation and alignment which slowly restore the sensitivity of the nervous system back in order. Of course, this is achieved in parallel with the 3-D corrections. This balanced approach ensures that the neurons regain their sensations back and so they are able to better coordinate the muscular/neural/spinal movements and functions.
- Reestablish the body-equilibrium: This is achieved by brining the body’s C.O.G (Center-Of-Gravity) back to its original position. This helps in making the patient walk normally without wobbling or falling down in the process!
- Increasing the strength/endurance-levels of the muscles: Gradual applications of alignment and correction methods help in brining the natural flow of blood back into the muscles, especially those surrounding the concave and convex regions of the spinal-cord. That means supplies of oxygen, vitamins and minerals are to the muscles and tissues are brought back in order. When the patient starts on nourishing diet-pan, the muscles get increased endurance-power.
- Respiration is restored back to normalcy: In some cases of scoliosis like the Kyphosis-scoliosis and Cobb-angle-scoliosis, the functionality of lungs comes under immense pressure. The post-therapy period restores the “space” around the lungs back to its original condition.
Experts say that therapy is only half the job done. Though, the results are said to be more or less permanent in nature, the patient has to perform certain mild scoliosis exercises in order to keep the spinal-cord in its most efficient functional condition. Some of such exercises are
- Dynamic-hip-movement: This is normally achieved with the help of a large-ball. This helps in achieving the lateral-movement of the back. It also strengthens the spinal-cord, starting from its base, extending up to the neck-region.
- Stretching the spine and rise to a comfortably-seated-posture: This is quite useful in restoring the structure and functionality of abdomen in the M-Rectus point.
- Spine-movement in the lateral-direction: This exercise helps in stretching-out the lateral-chain of muscles in the same direction in which the scoliosis-convexity goes.
- Step-chair-exercises: This involves resistance-training to the muscles and bones in and around the spinal-cord region. This is done with the help of light-weight resistance-springs.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016