Xanax The Definitive Guide – Different Types of Color & Dosage
Table of Contents
- An Overview
- What Are Xanax Bars?
There are thousands, if not millions, of individuals that are addicted to prescription medications. In fact, these drugs tend to be more readily available, which make them targets for drug abusers. Xanax is undoubtedly one of the most abused drugs in the entire world, especially in America. Of course, it is vital to know that there are several different type of Xanax. Within this guide, you will learn about each of these.
Before getting into the various types of Xanax, it is essential to take a look at the drug, as a whole. What is this medication and what is the purpose for consuming it? Well, Xanax, which is also known as Alprazolam, is characterized as a benzodiazepine. These medications alter the chemicals inside of the brain and can produce some very startling side effects, such as clumsiness and anxiety. At the same time, this drug is often utilized to treat mental disorders, especially anxiety, panic and even depression.
The overall effectiveness of this medication depends on the type and dosage given. Below, you will learn a little more about the various types, their colors and their specific dosages.
The United States has ultimately experienced a major drug epidemic and the war on drugs has definitely failed. The occurrence of overdoses has increased substantially and more and more individuals are turning to Xanax. This isn’t a coincidence. Xanax is readily available and prescribed to a large portion of the population. In 2011, it was reported that Xanax was prescribed to approximately 50 million individuals. The prescription rates topped those of similar drugs, including Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, and Restoril. Due to the drug’s availability and its powerful high, it has become a favorite among abusers.
Unlike other medications, Xanax abuse targets everyone. It isn’t racially or wealth selective. Men and women from all backgrounds have been known to abuse this specific drugs.
- Over The Counter Anxiety Medication – The Buying Guide
- The 10 Best Natural Alternatives to Xanax (OTC)
What Are Xanax Bars?
Before going any further, you should take the time familiarize yourself with the basics of Xanax. What is this medication, what is its purpose, and when it is utilized? First and foremost, you should know that Xanax is actually a benzodiazepine with the active ingredient of alprazolam. When the medication is consumed, it will directly impact the chemicals within the user’s brain. It is specifically designed to target the chemicals, which may cause an unbalance and lead to anxiety problems. Xanax bars and other forms of the medication can be used for a whole host of purposes, including in the treatment of panic disorders, anxiety disorders, and even depression.
The drug may also be used for other reasons and is misused by drug abusers commonly. Although the medication can be incredibly dangerous when abused, it is fairly safe when used under the strict supervision of a doctor. However, it is habit forming and this may give many consumers concerns.
How Should Xanax Be Taken?
Whether you’ve been prescribed bars or another dosage of Xanax, you’ll want to make sure you keep yourself safe and diminish risks, by consuming the medication safely. The truth of the matter is that your doctor will know what is best. When the medical professional prescribes Xanax, they’ll also tell you specifically how much to consume each day and when to consume it. It is absolutely essential to make sure you abide by your doctor’s guidelines. Failing to do so will substantially increase the risks associated with the medication and will also elevate the chances of becoming physically and mentally addicted to the drug. So, how can you use the drug carefully, safely, and avoid becoming addicted? Although there will still be risks, there are precautions that can help minimize the risks.
First and foremost, you’ll want to make sure you follow your doctor’s orders. Your doctor will know more than anyone else about you, your tolerance level and your current condition. Never disobey or deviate for their rules. Never take the medication more than instructed and never increase the dosage, without first consulting with your doctor. Finally, it is absolutely essential to make sure you avoid crushing the pill. Only consume Xanax within its traditional pill form. Snorting Xanax is dangerous and will substantially increase the risks involved.
Precautions To Take
When utilizing Xanax regularly, it is truly pertinent to make sure you take precautions and attempt to avoid potential substances, which may interact with this medication. Failing to do so could very lead to startling side effects. First and foremost, it is absolutely essential to avoid mixing alcohol and Xanax! The use of Xanax can lead to an impairment of your judgment, while also decreasing your reaction time, so it may be best to avoid driving or operating machinery, while taking the medication. Also, grapefruit and its juice can actually interact with the ingredients of Xanax. To avoid unwanted side effects, it is vital to avoid consuming this juice, while taking Xanax.
Other Drugs To Avoid
And, it is truly vital to remember that some drugs will interact with one another and result in negative side effects. It is unwise to consume Xanax, while consuming any sleeping pill, muscle relaxer, or narcotic. When consulting with your medical doctor, you should tell him or her about any medications you are currently taking. Below, you’ll find a list of drugs, which may negatively interact with Xanax.
- HIV and Aids medications
Remember that this is not a comprehensive list. To make sure you avoid all potential interactions, be sure to prepare a list of medications you currently take and present them with to your doctor. They’ll be able to make sure you’re safe to consume Xanax, before prescribing you the drug.
White Xanax Bars
White Xanax bars are a 2 milligram dose. This is a very high dose of Xanax, contains 4 tiny pieces and separated by scores, so the user can split them if necessary. It is wise to avoid going “cold turkey” on this drug, because it has some wicked withdrawal symptoms.
Although many consumers do not know it, an assortment of different pharmaceutical companies is responsible for producing this medication. The green pills are very similar to the white and yellow bars. They’re all 2mg of Xanax. The only differences are the visible characteristics and the manufacturer. Taking the green form of Xanax will result in the same effects, as the white and yellow bars.
The blue Xanax is a 1 milligram dose, which has an oval or elliptical shape. Most of these pills are scored, so the user can break them in half. It is important to follow the prescribed directions and avoid altering the dose, because this is a very addictive drug.
When you are prescribed Xanax, by your doctor, it is possible for them to give you an assortment of different pills. Some will be given a little yellow bar, which has the numbers 039 inscribed on the front. This is actually a generic form of the drug, but it will produce the same effects of the traditional medication. If you have a yellow pill in this manner, you are holding onto 2mg of Alprazolam or Xanax.
Although many people do not realize it, Xanax is actually available in a liquid form. Medical doctors don’t prescribe this form as frequently, but it is available. This type of Xanax typically comes in a small bottle and each ml of the drug accounts for 2mg of Xanax. While the manner of consuming the medication might be a little different, the results will precisely be the exact same. Oral syringes may be required, in order to consume this form of the drug.
For less severe cases, the doctor may prescribe you with a lower dose of Xanax. This often comes in the form of a small peach pill, which is oval in shape. This pill will usually have the numbers 257 placed on the front, but this isn’t always the case. This is nothing more than a .5 mg dosage of Alprazolam or Xanax. The peach color is also often associated with orange, but they’re generally one in the same!
The pink Xanax is a 0.5 milligram dose, which is a suitable dose for treating panic and anxiety disorders. You will need a prescription to purchase this benzodiazepine, but many drug seekers will purchase it from family members or friends, because they cannot get their physician to authorize a prescription for their disorder.
About Xanax Bars
There are a variety of different Xanax types and they’re generally classified based on their dosages. Bars are distinguishable by their appearance, but many people are unaware of the fact that this specific form of the medication is simply 2 milligrams. When examining the other forms, you will find that the bars are the highest dosage available, aside from a 3-mg tablet, which is only available in extended release form. As long as you’ve been prescribed an entire 2 milligram dosage of Xanax, you can consume the entire bar safely. However, the bars are scored into four portions. Some patients will be instructed to break the bars and only consume a small quantity at a time.
Purchasing the bars and breaking them in portions to match the dosage required can prove to be less costly than purchasing the precise dosage needed. Although the genuine bars are white, generic versions are available and they’ll vary in color.
Before Consuming Any Form of Xanax
Before taking any type of Xanax, it is absolutely essential to make sure that you first speak with your medication professional. If you’re consuming any other medications, it may not be safe for you to begin taking Xanax. Below, you will find a list of reasons to speak to your doctor, before taking this medication.
- You suffer from seizures or epilepsy
- Liver or kidney disease
- You are asthmatic or suffer from a breathing disorder
- A history of drug or alcohol addiction is present in your family
- You have a background of depression or suicidal thoughts
It should also be known that women, who are pregnant, should never use Xanax! This specific drug can cause birth defects and can result in a baby, who is also dependent on the medication. The withdrawal symptoms can be life threatening for your child, so you should avoid it, during pregnancy!
Xanax And Xanax Bar Side Effects
Whether you’re consuming Xanax or some other form of this medication, there is a potential that you will experience side effects. The medication can impact everyone differently and you never really know how it will impact you, until you’ve taken it. Therefore, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the side effects, so you can be ready for whatever lies ahead. Also, remember that it is possible to diminish the probability of experiencing these effects by following your doctor’s consumption instructions strictly! Nonetheless, the most common side effects of Xanax can be found below.
- Confusion and forgetfulness
- Increased clumsiness
- Lethargy and decreased motivation
- Decrease of appetite
- Decreased or difficult mobility
- Aches and pains
- Shaking and shivering
- Potential for seizures
- Chest pain
- Hearing loss
The mass majority of these systems are very rare, but they may be experienced by heavy drug abusers. With this in mind, it is essential to only use the drug as intended and as prescribed, in order to decrease the risks, while benefiting from the drug’s good effects.
How To Get Xanax
There are many people, who suffer from depression and anxiety. These individuals will undoubtedly attempt to seek out Xanax, in order to diminish their symptoms and restore normalcy to their lives. Unfortunately, Xanax isn’t a drug, which can be purchased directly over the counter. The truth of the matter is that Xanax is one of the most commonly abused drugs and this has forced the government to put regulations on its sale. With this in mind, the only legal way to acquire Xanax is by visiting with your doctor and obtaining a prescription. Once you’ve scheduled an appointment and have met with your doctor, he or she will analyze your condition and make a judgment based on your signs and conditions.
If they feel that you’d benefit from the medication, they’ll write you a prescription. Unfortunately, a lot of people will try and purchase the drug from a street dealer. This is not safe and could lead to major consequences. When purchasing from an unreliable dealer, you could be putting yourself in a risky situation. You never really know what you’re purchasing and what you’re doing is illegal! Simply do not perform this risky activity!
- NATURAL CALMING MOOD SUPPLEMENT. Mood Boost's natural formula helps to provide...
- PROMOTES POSITIVE MOOD. 5-HTP naturally promotes positive mood. L-Tyrosine and...
- STRESS RELIEVING HERBAL BLEND. Passion flower, ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea, and...
- POWERFUL DRUG-FREE FORMULA. Mood Boost contains natural ingredients and herbal...
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA. Our nutritional supplements are manufactured in the...
- JUST FEEL CALM & RELAXED - ANXIETY, PANIC, & STRESS RELIEF - Experience a boost...
- NO MORE PHARMACEUTICAL- Won't it be nice to get some Stress Relief without being...
- CAN I TRUST THIS? Our 18 Natural Anti-Anxiety Herbal Ingredients + 10 Vitamins...
- HOW DOES IT WORK? RHODIOLA is thought to improve the nervous system, fight...
- MADE IN THE USA- Life Power Labs Is a Brand You Can Trust. Good Manufacturing...
- Instant Safe Relief from Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, Hot Flushes, Anxiety and...
- Contains No Plant-Based Phytoestrogens such as Black Cohosh and Soy Making it...
- Manufactured in Canada and Approved by Health Canada as Safe and Highly...
- Hot Flash EliminatorTM Deals Immediately with the Symptoms and, Unlike Other...
- It's Different; You Put 2 Drops Under Your Tongue and Same As Taking...
- NATURAL SLEEP AID - NON-ADDICTIVE - GO TO SLEEP FAST & STAY ASLEEP ALL NIGHT:...
- AIDS YOUR NATURAL BODY CLOCK: With today's fast paced lifestyle many people are...
- WAKE UP FEELING REFRESHED AND ENERGIZED: Unlike many natural sleep remedies on...
- SAFE QUALITY PRODUCT MADE IN THE USA: Have peace of mind with a sleep aid...
- 'NO HASSLE' GUARANTEE AND SPECIAL OFFERS: If you're not totally delighted with...
- Peace of Mind and Deep Sleep. Natural herbal extracts formulated to relax your...
- Potent Stress Relief. Full spectrum blend promotes relaxation and releases you...
- Non-Habit Formula. Includes Magnesium, Valerian, and Chamomile to wake up...
- Vegetarian easy-to-swallow soft capsules, pure formula free of fillers, binders,...
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. Each order is backed by our 90 day guarantee. And...
- AdderPlex Features Clinically Proven Organic Super Food Nootropic Herbs In a...
- Users report; "Increases my mental focus and energy", "Improved my memory recall...
- Effective For All Ages as a Brain and Nervous System Health, Focus, Memory,...
- Made in USA to Strict FDA and GMP standards. Third Party Tested for Safety,...
- 100% Money Back - RESULTS - Guaranteed, Find Out How AdderPlex Can Help You...
- OUR #1 BEST-SELLING ANXIETY RELIEF SUPPLEMENT • 5 Years ago we set out to...
- 12 POWERFUL, FAST-ACTING NATURAL INGREDIENTS • What makes our anxiety...
- BOTTLED IN THE USA IN AN NSF CERTIFIED, FDA COMPLIANT FACILITY • Our...
- THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS • We have helped thousands of people just...
- 60 DAY UNCONDITIONAL 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE • If for ANY reason you are not...
- RELAX, NATURALLY | Kava Oral Spray from 1Hour Break® is a natural way to ease...
- STRESS-FREE GUARANTEE | 1Hour Break® Kava Oral Spray brings a sharp new look...
- HELLO KAVA, GOODBYE SMOKING | If you, or someone you love, is a smoker, you know...
- SPRAY FOR SOUND SLEEP | After a stressful day, your body is exhausted but your...
- TOTAL FOCUS has Clinically Proven Results in a Organic Nootropic Formula - Safe...
- EFFECTIVE FOR ALL AGES as a Total Body Nervous System Health, Memory, Attention,...
- USERS; "...best thing for focus without caffeine", "My stamina is way up and I...
- CALM CLARITY CONCENTRATION, Positive Mood, Stamina Performance Recovery, Mental...
- MADE IN THE USA in a FDA certified lab. Try it Today and you will love the...
- RELAX, NATURALLY | Kava Oral Spray from 1Hour Break® is a natural way to ease...
- STRESS-FREE GUARANTEE | The new and improved 2.0 version of 1Hour Break® Kava...
- HELLO KAVA, GOODBYE SMOKING | If you, or someone you love, is a smoker, you know...
- SPRAY FOR SOUND SLEEP | After a stressful day, your body is exhausted but your...
Last update 24h / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Spotting Xanax Abuse
Again, Xanax is one of the most commonly abused drugs within the United States. The drug’s euphoric high makes it incredibly popular amongst drug abusers. Some will even go to extreme and mix the drugs, despite the immense dangers of doing so. With this in mind, you need to get a Xanax abuser help immediately or their condition will snowball and worsen rapidly. Drug abusers can be very secretive, so it can be difficult to confirm their problem, until it is too late. Below, you’ll find a list of things to look for, when attempting to identify Xanax abuse amongst a loved one.
- Decreased energy levels and lethargy
- Increased isolation
- No longer interested in things they once loved
- Difficulty focusing or concentrating
- Has trouble communicating with you and others
- Exhibits slurred speech
- Seems confused and disoriented
- Unable to remember important events, times, or people
- Outburst and lack of self-control
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it is absolutely pertinent to seek assistance for your loved one right away. Xanax addiction can be conquered, but it requires dedication and you’ll need to guide your loved one in the right direction.
Xanax Abuse Treatment
As soon as you’ve confirmed that your loved one had been abusing Xanax, it is truly pertinent to seek assistance right away. There are various treatment options available and it is possible to overcome this type of substance abuse problem, but it will not be easy. Withdrawing from Xanax can be excruciating and should only be carried out under the supervision of a medical professional. The good news is that there are numerous treatment facilities and rehabs throughout the country and all of them will be able to offer this type of specialty support. If you believe you cannot afford treatment, you should consult with your insurance provider.
Various changes have been made in the past few years. These changes have helped to increase the availability of drug abuse treatment programs, while decreasing the cost imposed on the patient. The mass majority of drug rehab centers now accept common insurance policies. Consult with your insurance provider and find out the specifics, before giving up hope.
Like many benzodiazepines, Xanax is highly addictive. In fact, it has become one of the most popularly abused prescription drugs. Many individuals that are suffering with anxiety, with or without panic attacks will suffer in silence. For this very reason, they will potentially try treat their disorder without the guidance of a licensed psychiatrist. This is a costly mistake that can lead to addiction, especially if the medication involved is Xanax.
Xanax is so popular, because of its sedative-like side effects. The onset almost occurs immediately after consumption, with makes them even more desirable. Individuals that obtain Xanax without a prescription are not the only ones at risk of addiction. In fact, many of those that are prescribed the drug will tend to abuse it some form or another. Altering the prescribed dosage is risky behavior that increases the risks of addiction. These individuals are aware of this fact, but this continues to be the most common cause of prescription drug abuse. Xanax is a schedule IV drug due to its high dependency potential and its medical uses.
Prescription abuse has evolved over the last few years, with a massive increase in accidental overdose occurrences. In order to combat this issue, decrease healthcare costs, and save overdose victims life, law enforcement, fire department, and emergency response teams are being trained to administer Naloxone. This prescription drug is capable of blocking the opioid effects and reducing the risk of overdose death. In the near future, Congress hopes to make this drug available to family members and friends of addicts that frequently overdose.
Schools throughout the United States will also be authorized to keep Naloxone on hand for those just-in-case moments. School officials, along with the nurse will be able to administer the drug at any time an overdose is expected. In the past, Naloxone was only available in intravenous form, but this limited its uses, since untrained individuals would not be able to administer it appropriately. Today, it is available in nasal and auto-injection form, so anyone can administer it within a second’s notice.
Amphastar, the pharmaceutical company responsible for the development of this medication has worked diligently to increase its production over the last 12 months. The goal is to make Naloxone available to everyone, while making it easier to administer.
Xanax Overdose Side Effects
Accidental Xanax overdose is very common. In fact, the numbers continue to increase daily, which is why it is so important to get educated on the side effects. These side effects will vary from one person to another, so be sure to monitor the individual carefully.
- Hematemesis (vomiting blood)
- Jaundice sclera and skin (yellowing pigmentation)
- Uncontrolled jerking and movements
- Dyspnea (difficulty breathing)
- Insomnia, which may last for days
- Dysphagia (difficult swallowing)
- Chest discomfort (tightness, pain)
- Out of control behavior
- Heart palpitations
- Inability to talk, walk, or control bladder
- Night terrors
- Excitement, paranoia, and extremely talkative
- Light colored stools
- Severe abdominal pain
Painful urination, increased sleepiness, and loss of consciousness are very rare side effects, but will be exhibited by overdose victims. If you notice any of these signs, you should immediately seek emergency treatment. The longer you wait to get help, the higher your chances of death.
If you are currently taking a routine dose of prescription Xanax, you should always follow the recommended directions to a tee. Never stop taking Xanax without the advice of a licensed medical professional, because this can increase your risk of convulsions. Grand mal seizures have been reported in individuals with a prolonged use history. If you want to discontinue this medication, you should speak with your physician first, so an appropriate plan can be devised.
Your physician will gradually taper you off of the drug, so it may take several months, before you can stop taking it without potential risks.
Psychiatric drugs will have different effects on different people. Even though the drug is prescribed to treat depression or anxiety does not always mean that it is effective. There have been many instances, where the symptoms related to the psychiatric disorder will increase or worsen. When this occurs, it puts the individual at risk of attempting suicide. When your psychiatrist prescribes you an antidepressant or antianxiety medication for the first, you should educate yourself on the potential side effects, before consumption.
If your symptoms worsen, you should contact the physician’s office and request to speak with a nurse. The physician will probably tell you to stop taking the medication and a new prescription will be called into the local pharmacy.
Xanax And Obesity
While licensed medical professionals throughout the United States will prescribe Xanax to individuals suffering from obesity, this is not always a good idea. In fact, there have been several cases reported, where obese patients have experienced Xanax toxicity. Older adults are also at risk of Xanax toxicity, because the body systems have gradually slowed down throughout the latter years of life. In obese patients, the plasma half-lives of Xanax may be delayed, since the increased distribution into the adipose tissue.
When prescribing Xanax to obese patients, it is very important to prescribe a low dose, with gradual increases. Liver functions tests should also be completed on a routine basis, so alterations in the dose can be made accordingly.
At the end of the day, there are many different types of Xanax, but they’re typically all the same, aside from the dosage. By using the information presented above, you will be able to identify the specific Xanax and dosage that you have been prescribed.
David with lots of experience and knowledge in medications that are utilized to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Before David dispenses a medication to a patient, he will go over the side effects, dosage recommendation and contraindications.
Latest posts by David Warren (see all)
- Is Xanax A Muscle Relaxer? What You Should Know - January 11, 2017
- Vyvanse Coupon – What You Should Know About It - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016