The Answer To Your Question: Is Oxycodone Percocet
As you probably already know, there many different medication formulas that are used. For instance, you have a brand name medication and a generic medication. The generic medication will be much cheaper and there is a reason for that. Most of the time it is because the generic medication doesn’t contain some of the ingredients that are found in the name brand medication.
Oxycodone is the generic name for the active ingredient in a painkiller. On the other hand Percocet is the brand name for Oxycodone and acetaminophen. The acetaminophen is a non-narcotic fever reducer.
Similarities of Oxycodone and Percocet
While these two medications are different, they are both very similar. For instance, a doctor will prescribe them to treat mild to severe pain symptoms. They are also both considered schedule II narcotics. This means that they are illegal to have in your possession, if a licensed doctor does not prescribe them to you.
- Both of the medications also come in a capsule and liquid formula.
- Both Oxycodone and Percocet are supposed to be taken every 4 to 6 hours at the first sign of pain.
- One difference is that Oxycodone takes 30 to 60 minutes to take effect, whereas Percocet takes 20 to 30 minutes to kick in. With that being said, the effects of both medications will last up to 4 hours.
The side effects of Oxycodone and Percocet are the same. Some of these side effects might include drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, constipation, mood changes, and vomiting. The efficiency of both of these medications will decrease, if you take more of them than prescribed or if you take them more often than prescribed.
David with lots of experience and knowledge in medications that are utilized to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Before David dispenses a medication to a patient, he will go over the side effects, dosage recommendation and contraindications.
Latest posts by David Warren (see all)
- Is Xanax A Muscle Relaxer? What You Should Know - January 11, 2017
- Vyvanse Coupon – What You Should Know About It - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016