Most Effective Home Remedies for Runny Nose
A runny nose involves excess drainage of thick mucus or a clear substance. Two other terms used to refer to a runny nose are rhinitis or rhinorrhea. It is a common occurrence and the primary reason behind it is inflammation of the nasal tissue. If the nasal tissue is irritated it also results in a runny nose. Allergies can also trigger a runny nose. Many individuals suffer from chronically runny noses. These individuals may not have any allergies or inflammation and might have a runny nose due to VMR i.e. Vasomotor Rhinitis which is a non allergic rhinitis. Other causes of runny nose that are observed quite commonly are a foreign body, polyps, a tumor or headaches similar to migraines.
Overview of causes
- Bright lights
- Acute sinusitis
- Churg- Strauss syndrome
- Chronic sinusitis
- Cluster headache
- Common cold
- Cold temperature
- Deviated septum
- Overuse of decongestant nasal spray
- Dry air
- Drug addiction
- Dust mite allergy
- Hay fever
- Food allergy
- Hormonal changes
- Lodged object
- Latex allergy
- Certain medication
- Mold allergy
- Milk allergy
- Nasal infections
- Wheat allergy
- Occupational asthma
- Pet allergy
- Shellfish allergy
- RSV or respiratory syncytial virus
- Tobacco smoke
- Spicy and hot food
- Wegener’s granulomatosis
- Spinal fluid leak
Fortunately most of these symptoms can be overcome by using potent home remedies for runny nose.
Best home remedies
Some of the best and most effective home remedies for runny nose are listed below:
- Steam: Steam helps eliminate excessive mucus that causes a runny nose and sneezing. Steam penetrates deep into the nasal passage and then begins to disintegrate thick mucus so that its expulsion is quick and so that it ends soon. You will need a bowl of boiling water and will have to add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to it. Use a towel to cover your head and the steam rising from the bowl. You should place your face close to the bowl so that you can inhale as much steam as possible. Do ten minute sessions three times a day to see quick results.
- Garlic: Garlic has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make it the perfect all natural remedy to treat a runny nose. To consume garlic you can chew 2 cloves during the day. If you are unable to eat it raw due to its strong smell and flavor make a potion. For ten minutes boil four cloves of garlic in a cup of water. Strain this potion and add a tsp of honey. Stir well and consume at least twice a day for rapid relief.
- Eucalyptus Oil: For instantaneous relief from a highly annoying runny nose you should use eucalyptus oil since it is a natural decongestant. Using a dropper drop a few drops of this powerful oil onto your handkerchief. Inhale it all throughout the day as often as you can and your runny nose will soon subside.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016