Simple and Effective Home Remedies For Kidney Infection
Kidneys are bean shaped organs located just below the ribs, one on each side. The size of the kidney is almost equal to the size of the fist i.e. 4 to 5 inches. Kidneys filter blood to remove excess water and impurities. Kidneys also balance the presence of electrolytes in blood. When blood from the entire body is filtered it is collected in the lower part of the kidneys in the form of urine. Then, urine is transported to the bladder after passing through the urethra. The smallest part of a kidney is nephron which is a microscopic filter that filters blood.
Details of kidney infection
Renal infection or kidney infection is also known as pyelonephritis. This infection caused by E. coli bacteria affects the entire urinary tract. The bacteria first affect the bladder from where it travels upwards and reaches the kidney through the urethra. Kidney infections can lead to blood poisoning and also result in heavy damage to the kidney.
There are two types of kidney infections, uncomplicated kidney infection and complicated kidney infection. An individual who is suffering from a severe disease develops a complicated kidney infection wherein he/she suffers even more. An individual suffering from the other type of kidney infection does not suffer much and can be cured by implementation of home remedies for kidney infection.
Symptoms and signs of kidney infection
Symptoms are experienced by an individual suffering from the disease and they are used by doctors to recognize the type and extent of the disease. Kidney infection in an affected individual might develop in a few hours or a day. Some of these symptoms are listed below:
- Back pain
- High temperature of around 38° Celsius
- Pain in the sides
- Out of control shivering
The symptoms often worsen when the patient urinates.
Along with a kidney infection if the patient is suffering from bladder infection some additional symptoms are observed. These symptoms are listed below:
- Cloudy urine
- Foul smelling urine
- Bloody urine
- Burning and stinging sensation while urinating
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Inability to urinate fully
- Frequent urination
Causes of kidney infection
The entire urinary tract is affected by this disease. Kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra are the parts of urinary tract. Some of the causes of kidney infection are listed below:
- Weak immune system: Individuals with weak immune system might get affected by this virus quickly. The virus present on the skin of any body part might gain access to the bloodstream of an individual. When the blood passes through the kidney, the virus attacks and causes infection.
- Toilet hygiene: After going to the toilet and using toilet paper, the germs might come in contact with the genitals of an individual. The germs can make their way up to the kidneys from here. E. coli might enter the body through the anus. It can reside in the colon for some time and start moving up to the kidney to cause infection.
- Enlarged prostate: When men have an enlarged prostate gland the chances of developing this infection increase.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones occur when dissolved minerals accumulate on the inner lining of the kidney. Individuals suffering from kidney stones have higher chances of getting affected by kidney infection.
- Urethra: The bacteria may enter the urethra and breed there for a while. It might reproduce inside the bladder and infect it. The infection can spread from here to the kidney.
- Female physiology: When compared with men, women have more chances of suffering from kidney infection and other bladder infections. Women have shorter urethra and this makes it easier for infections to reach the kidney.
Listed below are home remedies which effectively cure kidney infections:
- Parsley juice: In order to glow skin needs to be cleansed. Similarly the body also needs cleansing. Parsley juice cleanses the body and flushes toxins out of the kidney. It contains Vitamins A, B and D, sodium, potassium, copper, riboflavin, and thiamine. Take a few leaves of Parsley, clean them and boil along with water. Strain the leaves and drink the liquid obtained after cooling it. This is one of the most effective home remedies for kidney infection.
- Apple cider vinegar: When combined, apple cider vinegar and honey have a great affect on the body and help it in recuperating from kidney related infections. Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 2 tbsp of honey. The patient should consume this mixture every day.
- Herbal tea: All herbal products are good for the human body. Chamomile tea, parsley tea, marshmallow tea, and goldenrod tea are some examples of herbal tea. All these teas are ideal for kidney related issues and should be taken twice a day for effects to be seen.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a natural treatment which can cure numerous problems in the human body. One should consume Aloe Vera even he/she is healthy in order to remain healthy. Its cleansing mechanism is tough and it removes toxins from the body very effectively. Aloe Vera juice should be consumed by the patient two times in a day. The body stays clean and protected from disease causing bacteria.
- Garlic: Garlic is renowned for its diuretic properties. The symptoms of kidney infection can be removed as garlic forces the kidneys to excrete more salts through urine.
- Water: Last but not the least; water is one of the best and most effective home remedies for kidney infection. Water is highly beneficial to the body and nothing can compare to all its advantages. Water is the base or key component of urine. It is useful in flushing out toxins and wastes from the kidneys. Kidneys stay healthy only when they are able to remove all the wastes accumulated in them. An individual should consume up to 10 glasses of water every day even when he/she is healthy. In case of kidney infection it becomes a compulsion as water helps in alleviating urinating problems and curing the infection along with it.