Excellent Home Remedies for Mange
Mange denotes poor state of an animal’s coat due to an infection that is caused by parasitic mites. Mange is a classification of skin diseases that are all caused due to parasitic infection. Mites that cause of these diseases make their way into the hair follicle of mammals or attach themselves to the skin. While one form of these parasitic mites burrows deep into the skin others embed themselves in hair follicles. Mange cases are seen both in dogs and cats. This skin disease is exceptionally troublesome for them since, if the severity increases these pets can lose their entire coat and the quality of their skin also degenerates. Complete cure and control is possible through home remedies for mange.
Symptoms of mange
- Abrasions on skin
- Hair loss
- Formation of scabs
- Severe itching
- Formation of bald patches
Effective home remedies
- Honey: Honey is an amazing remedy for mange. It soothes scabs and reduces itching. Since it restores the skin’s moisture it provides instant relief to your pets. After application leave it one for a few hours and then wipe it off. Wiping it off is necessary as honey may attract ants.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be consumed by your pets. Mix it thoroughly in your dog or cat’s meal and watch it work wonders. ACV works from the inside out which is why it is all the more effective. The apple cider vinegar that you use should be unpasteurized.
- Aloe Vera: Freshly extracted aloe vera gel contains anti bacterial properties and is the best among all home remedies for mange. This gel should be applied to the affected area as it soothes and moisturizes scabs, sores, abrasions and uneven skin. The antibacterial properties soon kill the parasitic mites, thus curing mange once and for all. Apply this gel at least twice a day and extract it right before application.
- Neem Oil: This oil packs a wide variety of antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It can eliminate mange causing parasitic mites entirely after only a few applications. It should be applied directly on the affected areas to have a soothing effect.
- Soapy Water: Make a mildly soapy solution and apply it on the infected areas. Soapy water is alkaline in nature and has the ability to kill mange causing parasitic mites, thus ending mange in your pet.
- Lemon & Garlic: Garlic and lemon mixed together are an absolute treat to your pet’s skin, even more so when your pet is suffering from mange. Ingredients you will need to make this lemon and garlic solution are:
- 40 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 8 lemon skins
- 1 chopped lemon
- 4 liters of water
Bring 4 liters of water to a boil and add all the other ingredients. Let the whole solution boil for at least five minutes. Next, apply this solution generously on your pet’s skin. Apply this solution each day for at least 10 days. You will see visible results after a few applications. Since, results are long lasting your pet will be happy and comfortable again.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016