Effective Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Kidneys are organs that play a vital role in one’s wellbeing. They remove excess fluids while simultaneously excreting waste materials, which would otherwise build up and cause irreversible damage to one’s system. Kidneys are responsible not just for excretion of fluids by also for re-absorption of essential substances. Kidney health is vital due to the following reasons:
- Kidneys balance the level of fluids in one’s body
- Red blood cell production is controlled by kidneys.
- Kidneys help promote stronger bones since they generate a form of Vitamin D.
Infections and stones within kidneys give rise to a whole host of ailments. Patients who suffer from these symptoms experience poor health and extreme pain. Home remedies for kidney stones and infections help revitalize one’s body naturally.
What are kidney stones and how are they formed?
Kidney stones are solid, crystalline mineral materials that form inside of a kidney or within the urinary tract. The medical term that is used to denote kidney stones is Nephrolithiasis. The reason behind the formation of kidney stones is a high level of crystal forming substances. In most cases these substances include uric acid, sodium phosphorous, oxalate and calcium. If the amount of these substances in one’s urine is more than what the urine can dilute, the formation of kidney stones is inevitable. Fortunately, medication and home remedies for kidney stones that eliminate them are available and are 100% effective. Medication does cause some adverse health effects, whereas home remedies are entirely safe.
One’s urine is also made up of substances that restrain the formation of these crystals or stones. A substance that inhibits kidney stone formation is protein which is present in one’s urine along with various other compounds. These other compounds are molecules from normal metabolism, phytate, magnesium, citrate and pyrophosphate. The formation of stones is also naturally restricted by the volume of urine. The higher the volume of urine is the lower the concentration of crystal forming substances becomes. Both the volume of urine and the concentration of crystal inhibitors in it help eliminate stones or crystals before they latch onto the kidney and grow larger. Other reasons behind the formation of kidney stones are gout, dehydration, a mineral imbalance, an improper diet and improper diet patterns.
A noteworthy fact is that every individual has these crystal forming substances within their urine. However, in most healthy individuals these crystals are easily eliminated by the kidneys and hence, do not form large stones. This elimination is completely painless in nature and occurs without one’s knowledge. Passing larger stones however, is not a possibility. When one’s kidneys and urine attempt to eliminate larger stones, stones get stuck within one’s urinary tract. Once stones are stuck within the urinary tract the passage of urine gets obstructed. This is precisely why individuals bleed when kidney stones are stuck within their urinary tracts.
Symptoms of kidney stones
- Passing of blood along with urine.
- Waves of blinding pain that starts in lower back and radiate towards the groin.
- Passing small yet visible stones along with urine.
- Pain accompanied with vomiting and nausea.
- Experiencing a repeated urge to urinate at shorter intervals.
If an infection occurs along with these kidney stones the symptoms are as follows:
- Unpleasant smelling urine with a cloudy appearance.
- Fever accompanied with chills.
- Experience of pain while urinating.
Natural home remedies
- The number one natural home remedy to curb formation of kidney stones is to stay hydrated. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water and other fluids each day ensures a high volume of urine, which creates an unfavorable environment for formation of stones. The process of passing crystals is also aided by this high volume of urine.
- The combination of lemon juice and olive oil is highly potent and assists disintegration of calcium based stones. The citric acid present in lemons is what causes this disintegration and curbs further growth. This all natural remedy is also used to treat gallbladder stones. For best results one should combine 4 tbsp of freshly extracted lemon juice with the same quantity of olive oil. By consuming this mixture three times a day for three days one should be able to eliminate small stones. This remedy is not suitable for larger stones.
- Pomegranate has highly potent astringent properties. By eating one pomegranate or consuming its juice one can effectively dissolve kidney stones, which will then be eliminated with one’s urine. A fruit salad with pomegranate will also prove to be equally effective.
- Nettle leaf helps to keep up the flow of water through kidneys and the bladder. This helps in smooth urination. Nettle leaf prevents the conversion of crystals to stones and also prevents bacterial growth. Nettle leaf is a natural diuretic which enhances the benefits of consuming water. Take a cup of hot water and add 2 tsp dried nettle leaf to it. Keep it for ten minutes and strain out the nettle leaf residue. Drink two to three cups of nettle tea each day for a couple of weeks.
- Basil is considered as a tonic for kidneys as it improves the health of the entire organ. It also assists in inducing expulsion of stone from the urinary tract. Make a mixture of basil juice and honey and consume it regularly for six months. Basil juice can be consumed without honey. Chewing of 3 basil leaves daily is an equally beneficial technique. Drinking basil tea is one of the most convenient home remedies for kidney stones.
- Watermelons are also one of the preferred home remedies for these stones. It consists of phosphates and carbonates of magnesium and calcium. Kidneys require potassium to stay healthy as it is responsible for maintaining the level of acidity in urine. Watermelons are rich in water, and this water assists in flushing out stones from the kidney. Watermelon seed tea is another great way to consume a watermelon. This fruit treats as well as prevents the development of stones in the kidneys.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016