Useful Home Remedies for Cystic Acne
Cystic acne is a type of acne. Getting rid of this acne is very difficult as it does not exhibit positive response to regular acne treatments. The lesions of cystic acne rupture beneath the surface of skin and push the blocked and swollen contents far beyond the reach of traditional anti-acne products, which are applied topically. Dermatologists regard cystic acne as the most severe type of acne. Several others admit that traditional acne treatments are ineffective when used for cystic acne. Due to the slow healing time, the lesions of cystic acne have the potential for scarring. The extent of damage is to be taken seriously. It is necessary for one to remain informed about potential triggers and treatment options. Listed below are some home remedies for cystic acne:
Facial Steam for Cystic Acne
Facial steam is taken so that you clean deeply and are able to drain off the pus or debris from the acne. Steaming opens up the pores and helps in eliminating grime and dirt that are lying under the skin’s surface. However, one should be careful as over steaming or taking steam in a wrong way, can worsen the state of acne. Before you take steam clean your face and get rid of makeup, oil or any other material that you apply on your skin. You can use a good cleanser or a mild soap along with water to clean up. If any residue of makeup or oil remains on the surface of your skin the treatment backfires. After cleansing your face take steam. Five to eight minutes of exposure to steam is enough to open up your pores. This is one the best home remedies of cystic acne as it does not require a lot of effort on your part.
- 1 bowl of hot water
- A clean towel
- Cleanse your face to remove makeup or any other residue on your skin. Your pores should not be covered with any other chemical or natural substance.
- Place the bowl with hot steaming water on a flat surface and sit close to it.
- Create a tent with your towel and place your face and the bowl of water under it. Ensure that the steam is does not have a way to escape.
- Lean forward so that you can come close to the bowl and the steam reaches your face. You might scald your skin if you take the bowl too close to your face.
- Take steam at least for 5 minutes.
- Pat till your face dries.
- Repeat this treatment 2-3 times a week.
Baking Soda to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Baking soda is one of the most effective remedies for treating cystic acne. It pulls out the excessive oil present in the pores. It also exfoliates the skin to get rid of dead skin cells. Baking soda also fights off bacteria and prevents growth of acne. It also relieves you from infection and alleviates the pain. After applying baking soda you will feel that it is extracting something from your skin. It tightens the pores and makes your skin feel smoother than what it was previously.
Equal parts of:
- Baking soda
- Cucumber juice is optional, only add if your skin is ultra sensitive – 2-3 tsp
- Mix water and baking soda.
- Wash your face with a mild soap to clean it.
- Apply the mask to your face or the body part where you have acne cysts.
- Keep it on your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with water and repeat two times in a day.
It can take a while if you want to eliminate your acne forever in professional way from your home, especially if your acne is severe.
Latest posts by Anne Rivera (see all)
- 20 Skincare Tips for Acne Prone Skin - May 29, 2017
- Hairfinity Reviews for African American Hair - March 11, 2016
- Comprehensive Hairfinity Reviews – Is It Worth The Money? - March 11, 2016