Powerful Remedies for Sinus Infection
A sinus infection results in congestion and inflammation of the sinuses. The cause behind the onset of infection, maybe due to dietary irritants such as artificial additives, gluten and dairy or airborne allergens which are present in indoor and outdoor locations. Home remedies for sinus infection relieve the symptoms and restore one’s health. A three step plan to healing a sinus infection has been given below:
Three step plan
This three step process begins with the treatment of symptoms. Remedies that easily and effectively treat the symptoms of a sinus infection are listed below:
- Stay well hydrated: Drink plenty of water, warm tea and clear broth. These fluids will thin out mucus and will force it to drain from your sinuses. Steer clear from aerated drinks and others with artificial additives.
- Dissolve excessive mucus: Spicy foods have the ability to easily dissolve thick mucus. A solution using apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and horseradish should be created and consumed for rapid relief.
After treatment of symptoms is successful through the use of natural remedies for sinus infection, you should move on to the next step which focuses on eliminating factors that may have triggered the infection.
- Airborne allergens are a common cause behind sinus infections. They are of two types, indoor and outdoor allergens. Indoor allergens may include mold spores, dust, animal dandruff and dead skin. To combat this situation employ a superior quality air filter and ensure changing the filter each month. Vacuum your entire home well and attach a cheese cloth to each air duct as they may be the source of allergens. The cheese cloth will act as a filter and will prevent the circulation of allergens. To combat outdoor airborne allergens like pollen, car exhaust and smog you should wear a mask outdoors.
- If you are sensitive to gluten, sugar and dairy eliminate these food items completely from your diet and you will benefit from this change almost immediately.
Now that possible causes are all eliminated you should focus on boosting your immune system. Natural remedies to boost your immunity are given below:
- Oregano oil: Choose your favorite beverage among tea, juice and water and add just some drops of all natural oregano oil. Following this simple step will provide you with overall health. You will no longer frequently experience difficulties with sinus infections as your immune system will be boosted. The antifungal, antiviral and antibiotic properties of this oil are the elements that boost your immunity.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is available in the form of tablets, caplets, chewable tablets, and liquid. Vitamin C is essential for our wellbeing as it boosts our immunity. It should be borne in mind that if your immunity is strong you are far less likely to suffer from sinus or any other infections, which is why Vitamin C is a must. Make sure that the brand you choose also contains Acerola. You will remain healthy and will also be free from the risk of deficiencies.