Simple Yet Effective Home Remedies For Oily Hair
You regularly wash your hair and style it before going out. You do this to look good; however, after some hours you realise that your hair appears oily and greasy. If within a few hours of washing your hair looks like you did not wash it then you can conclude that you have oily hair. Oil glands present in your scalp keep your scalp in a good condition and prevent your hair shafts from breaking. Sometimes due to hormonal fluctuations or hereditary conditions your hair might become very oily. In other cases it can be the natural texture of your hair.
Secretion of oil is good for hair as it keeps the roots well nourished. Although, you do not require excess oil as it can be a damaging factor. Listed below are a few simple home remedies for oily hair:
- Shampoo everyday: Buy a shampoo which suits your hair and scalp type. You should shampoo everyday to keep your hair and scalp healthy, to clean the accumulated oil, dirt and grease. Use a suitable conditioner to keep your hair soft and moisturized after it has been stripped off the extra oil. Scrub your scalp and keep it clean so that dirt does not collect on your scalp. Do not use very strong products for daily or regular use. Rinse thoroughly and remove residue of shampoo and conditioner. Residue harms the hair and also attracts grime and dirt.
- Aloe Vera: Use Aloe Vera gel to get rid of excess grease and oil. Take one cup of any mild shampoo; add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of fresh gel of Aloe Vera. Mix it well and store in a refrigerator. Shampoo with this mixture everyday to get rid of greasiness.
- Oil treatment: Oil is an essential part of your hair care treatment. Mix coconut oil and almond oil, along with it add a few drops of tea tree oil. Massage your scalp with this mixture and leave it on for an hour. Wash thoroughly with a good shampoo so that no traces of oil remain. It provides nourishment to both your hair and scalp. Do not leave your head oily overnight as it has a negative impact on the health of your hair. Repeat this process once every week.
- Stay away from glossy gels and serums: If your hair is naturally oily you do not need gels to make it appear glossier. Avoid gels and serums as they are not required and might increase your hair problems.
- Avoid over brushing and do not rub your scalp: When you brush your hair the oil spreads evenly throughout your entire scalp, so you do not need to over brush. When you are drying your hair do not towel rub or scratch your scalp. It may cause abrasions or give rise to oily dandruff. Oil glands might also get activated resulting in excessive secretions.
- Rinse with beer: This is one of the best home remedies for oily hair. Any alcohol or beer dries the hair and reduces the greasiness. Mix a couple of cups of water with half a cup of beer or any other alcohol. Rinse your hair with this mixture. Your hair becomes shiny and greasiness is reduced.