Does Nyquil Help You Sleep? What You Need To Know [EXPERTS SAY]
Nyquil is highly popular over the counter medication that can be used to treat cold and flu-like symptoms.
Many people have turned to Nyquil as a sleep aid.
It contains an antihistamine, which is the ingredient that causes drowsiness and the “sleepy effect“.
Using Nyquil on a regular basis to help you sleep is a bad idea, because it contains ingredients that can have negative long-term effects on your body.
It is ok to take Nyquil for a few days at a time or just on an occasional basis.
If you take this medication too often, you will quickly build up a tolerance and possibly even become addicted.
Does Nyquil Make You Sleep
As mentioned above Nyquil will make you sleep due to the antihistamine ingredients.
If you are having trouble sleeping there are better options out there available to you.
The reason for this is because Nyquil contains other ingredients you do not need to help induce sleep.
Nyquil contains Dextromethorphan (DXM), which is a cough suppressant. When used in high doses DXM can have the same effects as ketamine or PCP.
When Not To Use Nyquil
There are certain cases when you should try to avoid Nyquil altogether.
Below you will learn about some of these situations.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Nyquil, you should avoid consumption
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, or severe cardiac problems stay away from Nyquil
- If you are unable to urinate or are having an asthma attack never take Nyquil
- FALL ASLEEP FASTER, SLEEP BETTER / WAKE...
- NON-HABIT FORMING SLEEP OPTIMIZATION -...
- COMBAT ADRENAL FATIGUE & DETOX CAFFEINE...
- DRUG-FREE SOLUTION / BEST NATURAL SLEEP...
- BETTER SLEEP OR YOUR MONEY BACK | We...
- NATURAL, DRUG-FREE & NON-HABIT FORMING |...
- IMAGINE DEEP, RESTFUL SLEEP EVERY NIGHT...
- A BOOST OF SOOTHING MAGNESIUM,...
- Kirkland Signature Sleep Aid Doxylamine...
- Nighttime sleep aid
- Non-habit forming
- Fall asleep fast
- Wake up refreshed
- GET BETTER SLEEP - Melatonin is...
- 100% DRUG FREE - Natrol Advanced Sleep...
- BETTER OVERALL HEALTH - Natrol Melatonin...
- #1 MELATONIN BRAND IN AMERICA - Natrol...
David with lots of experience and knowledge in medications that are utilized to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Before David dispenses a medication to a patient, he will go over the side effects, dosage recommendation and contraindications.
Latest posts by David Warren (see all)
- Is Xanax A Muscle Relaxer? What You Should Know [EXPLANATION] - January 11, 2017
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Snorting Vyvanse – Understanding The Dangers And Risks [EFFECTS] - August 7, 2016
You might also like
Whenever you have a sore throat or are dealing with allergies, if you’re going to reach for an over-the-counter medication don’t do it. There are many excellent medications that are
Nyquil is well-known over the counter medication that is purchased by many different people for various reasons. Nyquil is well good for treating pain, cold symptoms, coughing, flu symptoms, sneezing,
Table of ContentsWhat Is ZzzQuil? (also called “NightQuil”)Does ZzzQuil Work? Warming Berry Flavor ReviewOverall AssessmentThe other sleeping pills on the market A sickness can change your life, at any point
Ibuprofen and Nyquil are very popular over the counter medications that can be used to treat many different symptoms. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and help with pain or
Table of ContentsWhat Is Lean?Potentially Dangerous Side EffectsWhy Is It Dangerous?Commercial Purple DrankAddictivePromethazine With CodeineIntense SweetnessPotential Drug InteractionsOverall Over the years, drug abusers have attempted to discover new ways to
Table of ContentsNyquil BreastfeedingTreating a CoughTreating DecongestionNasal Spray OptionsPump and DumpConclusion If you are pregnant and have a cold, you should consult your OB/GYN before taking Nyquil. Even though Nyquil