Does Nyquil Help You Sleep? What You Need To Know
Nyquil is a highly popular over the counter medication that can be used to treat cold and flu like symptoms. Many people have turned to Nyquil as a sleep aid. It contains an antihistamine, which is the ingredient that causes drowsiness. Using Nyquil on a regular basis to help you sleep is a bad idea, because it contains ingredients that can have negative long-term effects on your body. It is ok to take Nyquil for a few days at a time or just on an occasional basis. If you take this medication too often, you will quickly build up a tolerance and possibly even become addicted.
Does Nyquil Make You Sleep
As mentioned above Nyquil will make you sleep due to the antihistamine ingredients. However, if you are having trouble sleeping there are better options out there available to you. The reason for this is because Nyquil contains other ingredients you do not need to help induce sleep. For instance, Nyquil contains Dextromethorphan (DXM), which is a cough suppressant. When used in high doses DXM can have the same effects as ketamine or PCP.
When Not To Use Nyquil
There are certain cases when you should try to avoid Nyquil altogether. Below you will learn about some of these situations.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Nyquil, you should avoid consumption
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, or severe cardiac problems stay away from Nyquil
- If you are unable to urinate or are having an asthma attack never take Nyquil
- HELLO, WE'RE NESTED NATURALS. NICE TO MEET YOU. We're setting a new standard of...
- GET TO SLEEP FAST & STAY ASLEEP ALL NIGHT | Do you suffer from insomnia, sleep...
- NATURAL, DRUG-FREE, NON-HABIT FORMING INGREDIENTS | LUNA is a herbal sleep...
- LUNA RELAXES & CALMS YOU BEFORE BED | Do you find it difficult to relax and slow...
- IMAGINE DEEP, RESTFUL SLEEP EVERY NIGHT | What if you could fall asleep fast,...
- Nighttime sleep aid
- Non-habit forming
- Fall asleep fast
- Wake up refreshed
- Compare to Unisom SleepGels active ingredients
- Helps you Fall Asleep in Less than 20 Minutes
- Sleep Soundly. Wake Refreshed
- Not for Pain. Just for Sleep
- Non-Habit Forming
- Ensure Time to Get a Sufficient Night's Sleep (7-8 hours)
- Nighttime Sleep Aid
- Fall Asleep Fast!
- Safe. Proven Effective
- Just One Tablet per Dose
- FALL ASLEEP QUICKLY - Somnapure Clinical Strength's maximum-strength...
- WAKE UP ENERGIZED - Somnapure Clinical Strength contains the #1...
- NON-HABIT-FORMING -Somnapure Clinical Strength is safe and non-habit-forming, so...
Last update 24h / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
David with lots of experience and knowledge in medications that are utilized to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Before David dispenses a medication to a patient, he will go over the side effects, dosage recommendation and contraindications.
Latest posts by David Warren (see all)
- Is Xanax A Muscle Relaxer? What You Should Know - January 11, 2017
- Vyvanse Coupon – What You Should Know About It - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
You might also like
Nyquil is a popular over the counter decongestant and cough medication that is very effective in combating the symptoms of viruses and the common cold. It causes many side effects
Nyquil is a very popular over the counter decongestant, cough suppressant, and antihistamine that can be purchased in either in a pill or liquid form. Most people use this medication
Table of ContentsNyquil BreastfeedingTreating a CoughTreating DecongestionNasal Spray OptionsPump and Dump If you are pregnant and have a cold, you should consult your OB/GYN before taking Nyquil. Even though Nyquil
DayQuil is comprised of three different active ingredients including acetaminophen, pseudoephedrine, and dextromethorphan. While the acetaminophen is capable of reducing pain and fever, the other ingredients will effectively reduce nasal
When you begin to feel ill and discover that you’ve contracted a cold, you’ll immediately want to treat yourself with some type of over the counter medication. There are numerous
When you begin suffering from a cold, you’ll feel terrible and will seek out all possible options to rectify your situation. The good news is that there are various over