Does Nyquil Help You Sleep? What You Need To Know
Nyquil is a highly popular over the counter medication that can be used to treat cold and flu like symptoms. Many people have turned to Nyquil as a sleep aid. It contains an antihistamine, which is the ingredient that causes drowsiness. Using Nyquil on a regular basis to help you sleep is a bad idea, because it contains ingredients that can have negative long-term effects on your body. It is ok to take Nyquil for a few days at a time or just on an occasional basis. If you take this medication too often, you will quickly build up a tolerance and possibly even become addicted.
Does Nyquil Make You Sleep
As mentioned above Nyquil will make you sleep due to the antihistamine ingredients. However, if you are having trouble sleeping there are better options out there available to you. The reason for this is because Nyquil contains other ingredients you do not need to help induce sleep. For instance, Nyquil contains Dextromethorphan (DXM), which is a cough suppressant. When used in high doses DXM can have the same effects as ketamine or PCP.
When Not To Use Nyquil
There are certain cases when you should try to avoid Nyquil altogether. Below you will learn about some of these situations.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Nyquil, you should avoid consumption
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, or severe cardiac problems stay away from Nyquil
- If you are unable to urinate or are having an asthma attack never take Nyquil
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Is Xanax A Muscle Relaxer? What You Should Know - January 11, 2017
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016