Beneficial Cystic Acne Home Remedy
Cystic acne is a severe form of acne and is definitely one of the hardest to treat. Cysts form deep under one’s skin when pores are clogged by dead skin debris. If and when bacteria get trapped within these clogged pores, cystic acne is experienced as a result. Deep seated, inflamed and large breakouts form on one’s skin. This type of acne can affect one’s face, shoulders, upper arms and back. In most cases cystic acne is guaranteed to leave behind scars and redness.
As the name cystic acne suggests, this form of acne involves formation of cysts. These cysts are painful, inflamed and pus filled. They are tender and cause an itch, and most individuals who suffer from them feel the urge to touch and scratch the affected areas. When one cyst erupts it can infect the areas surrounding it. This is precisely why cystic acne covers large portions of one’s skin. Since, this form of acne is so severe it is treated with very strong medication. The drugs used for prolonged cystic acne treatments have a wide variety of adverse health effects. This is precisely why a proven cystic acne home remedy is employed by individuals facing challenges with this form of acne.
Two popular home remedies for cystic acne
- Facial Steam: Take steam directly to the face and relax. Let the steam work its way up to your pores and unclog them. Steaming removes dirt, grime and skin debris lying under the surface of one’s skin. A limited amount of steam works wonders, however if you start taking way too much steam it may have the opposite effect. Also, remember to cleanse your face as oil or makeup should not get in the way. Take steam for 5 to 8 minutes and your pores will open up and release skin debris and dirt.
The process of taking steam is quite simple. All you have to do is place a bowl of hot water on a table, sit in front of it and cover your face using a towel. Remember to keep your face close to the bowl at all times so as to absorb as much steam as you can. If the intensity of the steam is more than what you can bear. Uncover your face for a few seconds and then take steam. After taking steam for 5 to 8 minutes uncover your face and pat it dry using a clean towel. This cystic acne home remedy works best when you repeat it twice a week.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is used in the form of a gentle scrub as it exfoliates and removes excessive sebum and skin debris. Baking soda also has the ability of treating infections as it removes bacteria. After the gentle exfoliating action of baking soda your skin will be noticeably softer and your pore size will also reduce.
For application mix equal parts of water and baking soda and form a thick paste. Now, apply generously all over the affected area. You will feel a slight stinging sensation, which is completely normal. Let this mask dry and after it does rinse it off. This remedy should be used only once a day to prevent dry skin.
Latest posts by Anne Rivera (see all)
- 20 Skincare Tips for Acne Prone Skin - May 29, 2017
- Hairfinity Reviews for African American Hair - March 11, 2016
- Comprehensive Hairfinity Reviews – Is It Worth The Money? - March 11, 2016