Getting the rich benefits of health through goji berries nutrition
Table of Contents
What are goji-berries?
The moment you read about goji berries nutrition, the first question that probably rises in your mind is what are goji-berries? They are the consumable forms of berries, which are largely grown in parts of China and other parts of Asia. In the scientific-name they are called as Lycium-barbarum-berries. The species is one of the members belonging to Solanaceae-family. It is also called as Wolf-berry. In the Indian-context it is called as Himalayan-goji as well as Murali-berry. In the western-world it is also called as the Matrimony-vine-berry.
What are the typical characteristics?
The plant height varies from 1meter to 3-meters. The leaves grow from the shoot-section in alternate-pattern. In some of the plants you may also observe them as bundles containing 3-4 leaves each. They are either in the shape of spear-heads or oval. Their ends are either blunt-type in or rounded.
What are the pollination methods?
There are primarily two types of pollination associated with them. Self-pollination is one such method. The other one is done by the insects. The plant produces purple-colored flowers in the season starting from June, extending up to late September or early October, during which they also mature into berries.
What are the berries-characteristics?
They are usually dark-red in color, slightly mixed with orange-shade. They contain yellow-colored seeds, which are very small.
What are the benefits of Himalayan-goji-Berries?
- The goji berries nutrition facts say that they are extremely rich in Vitamin-A (50%) and Vitamin-C (9%) compounds. They contain 0%-fat and cholesterol-contents, which mean, you will be able to consume them without the fear of gaining weight. In fact they help in reducing weight.
- They contain Iron (14%) as another major ingredient.
- Potassium, Zinc and copper are the other ingredients apart from selenium-compound.
- It is made of 9%-fiber. Though it may not seem to be high%, when consumed in the form of crushed-smoothies, they help in relieving the stomach-congestion to a certain extent.
- If you are planning to go for a diet which is good enough in its protein-content, this fruit can be considered as one of the options since it contains about 10% of them.
- It has been found to reduce the joint-pains resulting from arthritis-problem. Though this has not been medically-proved yet, most of the consumers have expressed their experience.
- They are very tasty in nature despite being dietary-natured. That means they make your dieting-program interesting and delicious.
- Children who are diagnosed to be over-weight will certainly enjoy eating these berries. Though direct links with weight-loss have not been established, they are known to induce the fat-reducing process in children and adults (through the results obtained from various experiments conducted on children in the age-group of 5-12).
- Regular consumption of the berries is known to bring the blood-pressure down. It could be highly useful for those patients who are suffering from higher-Blood-pressure-levels. However, the quantity of consumption will have to be determined from the physician before they can start consuming these berries.
What are the probable side-effects?
- People with diabetic-condition may find this berry to their disadvantage as most of the proteins of this berry are derived from the sugar-base!
- Experience has shown that it may not be suitable for those people who are under medications for diabetes-related/low-blood-pressure-related illnesses. This is because of its sugar-content as well as blood-pressure-reducing-properties.
The zero-cholesterol and zero-fat content will certainly “gel” with those who have excess of both. Besides, it contains 50%-Vitamin-A; people suffering from vision-problems will find these berries to be quite helpful in nature. It also serves as a good-meal-supplement for expecting-mothers, children and elders.
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Is Insanity Pure Cardio The Best Plyometric Cardio Circuit? - May 13, 2016
- What are xylem and the functions of xylem? - February 28, 2016
- Ficus Ginseng – All you need to know - February 28, 2016
You might also like
Table of Contents#1 Asparagus#2 Grapefruit#3 Strawberry#4 Banana#5 CucumberConclusion As someone, who desires to revamp and completely overhaul their health, it is pertinent to make sure that you consume the right
The ginseng fruit, also called as the berry is the Panax-ginseng-plant-fruit. It contains a rich stock of amino-acids, vitamins and minerals, which are entirely different from roots of the plant.
Table of ContentsPotential BenefitsProven Fat Burning PropertiesFights Fat In Various WaysEnhanced ConcentrationImproved HealthBiotinPantothenic AcidShredz Fat Burner ReviewA Reliable FormulaEnergy BoosterMetabolic BoosterThe Most Sold Fat Burner for WomenOverall Assessment As a
Table of ContentsThe most common and effective supplementsGreen Tea ExtractGreen Coffee Bean ExtractL-CarnitineRaspberry KetonesGarcinia CambogiaConjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)GlucomannanEphedraYohimbine HCLMagnesium CitrateBest Weight Loss Pills Buying Tips There is truly an abundance of