Benadryl Dosage By Weight For Children And Adults
If you child is suffering from upper respiratory or allergy symptoms, you may want to consider treating them Benadryl. This is an over the counter drug that is recommended for nasal congestion, itchy skin, hives, and runny nose. It is important to familiarize yourself with the Benadryl dosage by weight chart, before you administer the medication to your child.
The liquid form measurements are based on 12.5 milligrams/5 milliliters dosages. Each chewable tablet is 12.5 mg, whereas a capsule is 25 mg, so be sure to keep this in mind, when administering this medication.
- Benadryl should not be administered to children less than 1 year of age, unless prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Children less than 50 pounds should not be given the 25 mg capsule and children less than 25 pounds should not be administered the chewable 12.5 mg tablet.
- Children 20-24 pounds – 4 milliliters
- Children 25-37 pounds – 5 milliliters or 1/2 of a 12.5 mg chewable tablet
- Children 38-49 pounds – 7.5 milliliters or 1 1/2-12.5 mg chewable tablet
- Children 50-99 pounds – 10 milliliters or 2-12.5 mg chewable tablets or 1-25 mg capsule
- Children 100 pounds or over – 4-12.5 mg chewable tablets or 2-25 mg capsules
Adults – 50 mg every 6 hours as needed
Never administer more than the recommended dosage to young children, because they are at a higher risk for overdose than adults.
Always utilize a syringe, when administering the liquid Benadryl to your child. The regular spoon is not reliable and you definitely want to avoid giving too much of this and any other drug to children.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016