A Few Effective Baby Constipation Home Remedies
It takes time but you will surely recognize soon if your baby is straining during his/her bowel movements or if he/she is constipated. A baby’s bowel movements are not regular in any manner. They do not have a fixed schedule for it. In babies, the quantity and timing of bowel movements, everything can vary from one day to another. Baby constipation home remedies are the best solution if your child is suffering from constipation.
Signs of constipation
If you are worried that your baby is suffering from constipation then look out for the signs listed below:
- Check if the baby is crying from discomfort or pain. If the baby is crying just because he/she is irritated then it is fine. If the baby is hurting then it could be possible that the child is suffering from constipation.
- Hard, dry and pellet like feces that he/she has trouble passing
- If the child is having less than 3 bowel movements once in a week.
- If the fecal matter smells bad then it could be possible that the child might be constipated.
- If your baby has a hard belly.
- If your baby is experiencing loss of appetite
Even though it sounds odd a very liquid bowel movement can also be the sign of constipation. The liquid fecal matter is able the slip past the solid fecal matter that has accumulated in the lower intestine. So, you should not assume it to be diarrhea. It could be the effect of constipation.
Causes of constipation
There can be several causes of constipation in babies, and some of these are listed below:
- Formula milk: It takes time for the stomach of a baby to digest formula milk. Babies who are breast-fed always have easy bowel movements as the feces are soft.
- Introduction of solids: When babies are being introduced to solid food most of them constipate as the body needs time to adjust to the change from liquid to solid.
- Dehydration: It is possible that your baby is not consuming milk due to some other illness. It could be that your baby has started with solid food and is not drinking enough water or milk to stay hydrated.
- Metabolic disorder: Your baby might be suffering from some condition like food allergy or food poisoning that might as an aftereffect lead to constipation.
Natural home remedies for constipation
Baby constipation home remedies make it easier for parents to handle their children. They do not know if an allopathic drug would have a side-effect or not, thus they cannot risk the health of their child. Home remedies do not have any side-effects and children are soon relieved of their constipation. Listed below are some home remedies to relieve babies of constipation:
- Gently move your baby’s legs in a cycling motion. This will help the fecal matter move along the intestine.
- Ensure that your baby is drinking the right amount of water. Do not give him/her lot of water as that is also not good for the health of your baby. Also check if the baby formula you are using is responsible for the dehydration.
- If your baby has just shifted to solid foods then give him/her plenty of fruit juices which are able to make up for fibrous content in the fecal matter. You can also include whole grain cereals for breakfast.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
We exceeded 3 million of visitors the last month! Thank you all for your support and don't hesitate to follow us on our new facebook and twitter accounts!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
- Vyvanse Coupon – A Comprehensive Guide For Saving And Use - August 7, 2016
- Does Vyvanse Expire – A Look At Vyvanse And Its Shelf Life - August 7, 2016
- Understanding The Dangers And Risks Of Snorting Vyvanse - August 7, 2016