Highlighted Benefits Associate with Aerobic Glycolysis for Body Cells
Aerobic steps are being preferred by many in order to stay fit even within such a busy schedule. The high benefit included with aerobic steps includes performing the same at home itself by following special DVDs available in the market. Apart from loosing body weight, it will enhance the performance of the muscles and hence reenergize the nerves to concentrate afresh.
But in order to keep the body parts in active position, you need some sort of external supplier of energy. The actions of such enzyme activities will assist you in carrying on with the moving at a fast pace. Among all sorts of suppliers, it is high time to discuss regarding aerobic glycolysis which is a matter of great concern today.
Table of Contents
Glycolysis – Nomenclature and Pathway
Glycolysis got its nomenclature from the Greek word Glycose Lysis which implies sugar dissolution. It has proved to be a great pathway to all the living cells in the body hence enhancing metabolic activities. The reputed biochemists behind its discovery are to be honored.
As you know that in order to perform actions we need energy which can be fetched from glucose itself. Keeping the same thing in mind, Glycolysis has been successful in providing a sequence of reactions which convert glycogen into lactate through the production of ATP. Now the question is glycolysis aerobic or anaerobic remains unanswered.
The ATP is considered to be an energy currency of the cell for further generation of activities. You must know that conversion of glucose into pyruvate is an important part of activity related to cells. At the further stage pyruvate goes through several processing to generate ATP whose splitting gives energy to be expressed in calories.
Salient Features of Aerobic Glycolysis
As aerobic glycolysis occurs into the cytoplasm of the cell, some of the salient features include are:
- The process takes place in the presence as well as absence of oxygen.
- Considered to be a good pathway for the synthesis of ATP into the tissues lacking presence of Mitochondria. Eg: Cornea, RBC etc.
- Plays a vital role in the production of energy into the cells of the brain as it utilizes maximum portion of blood glucose.
- The intermediaries of glycolysis are utilized by the cells for synthesizing Fat along with Amino Acid.
In order to have proper understanding of the process followed, the path of glycolysis has been divided into three distinct phases constituting several reactions. They can be stated as:
- Investment of energy phase
- Phase related to splitting
- Generation phase of energy
The reactions involved with glycolysis have been stated by expert as under:
- Phosphorylation – An irreversible reaction where Magnesium and ATP ions react with each other for reaction to proceed.
- Isomerisation – The presence of enzyme and Magnesium ion results in isomerisation of Glucose to fructose.
- Phosphorylation – Fructose 6-phosphate is phosphorised to fructose 1, 6 biphosphate.
- Cleavage – In this reaction, Aldolase is involved.
- Oxidation – In this step high level oxidization takes place. The NADH participates in Electron Transport Chain for producing ATP.
- Dephosphorylation – In this case one molecule of phosphate gets lost from the substrate.
- Dehydration – Magnesium ion and Manganese ion is required for such stage of reaction. The formation of Phosphoenol Pyruvate results into being a high energized compound.
Internal operations Involved in Glycolysis
The Glycolysis is an internal procedure involves certain energetic reactions which can be explained as under:
- The molecule of NADH participates in Electron Transport Chain in order to liberate 3 ATP.
- 1 molecule of ATP is produced by the Substrate Level Phosphorylation reaction.
- Again the formation of Phosphoenol Pyruvate from Substrate level Phosphorylation takes place.
- In case of investment of energy, 2 ATP are used for metabolization process.
Special Procedures involved in Glycolysis
While aerobic activities need oxygen to metabolize the required activities, it also prevents tearing away of tissues causing high pain. You can take expert advice in order to get the most suitable ideas for easy activities. Some vital details regarding the process of glycolysis can be described in a nutshell as under:
- Lactic Acidosis – It deals with accumulation of Lactic Acid in an excess due to anaerobic glycolysis. It can be recognized in case of skeletal muscle during strenuous exercise. Lactic Acidosis may occur due to decreased elimination and low production of ATP.
- Oxygen Debt – This stage deals with extra amount of Oxygen mandatory to recover cells from anaerobic glycolysis.
- Cancer and Glycolysis – During cancer there occurs excessive proliferation of cells. Excessive up taking of glucose results into glycolysis. As the tumor grows in size, an increased demand of oxygen by tumor occurs due to which blood vessels fail to supply the required amount of oxygen. As a result anaerobic glycolysis gets promoted.
As tumors cannot survive for long duration due to hypoxic conditions, it becomes necessary to find out the best treatment in order to reduce thee vascularization related to tumor. This will further growth of cancer.
- Pasteur Effect – The inhibition of Glycolysis due to oxygen is known as Pasteur Effect. In other words, it is aerobic condition. Due to inhibition of the enzyme named Phospho-fructo-ki-nase comes under the shed of ATP produced in the presence of oxygen. This procedure takes place via Glycolysis.
- Crabtree Effect – This phenomenon of inhibition of oxygen up taking by the addition of glucose provide effective and high aerobic glycolysis to the tissues. Glycolysis occurs leading to the production of high amount of ATP. As a result oxygen consumption gets reduced and production of ATP with the help of Citric Acid Cycle gets reduced.
Hence it has been crystal clear that aerobic process requires oxygen for getting materialized and anaerobic do not. All the processes involved deals with the procedure for breakdown and synthesis into the muscle cells. It has also been clear is glycolysis aerobic or anaerobic procedure. The duration of activity will be the best source to determine the justified energy system as well as the metabolic pathway is dominant at any time. It is best to know in depth the internal processes before opting for any sort of activity.
Feel free to share this knowledge with your friends or react to the publication by leaving a comment. Every days you are more and more numerous to join the community!
Latest posts by The Team (see all)
You might also like
Cardio workouts can be immensely beneficial for enhancing your cardiovascular health, boosting your overall health and burning additional calories. Of course, there is truly an abundance of cardio workouts and